Thread: My yesterday
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 09:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
I feel for you on the floor dressing. Did that for months, which is most unpleasant on tiled floor in winter! Wore the seat out of several pairs of pants dragging myself across the floor upstairs where it was useless to keep a walker. One's pride really becomes irrelevant after a while.

Maybe you should try cold turkey. Haven't you cut way, way back where it wouldn't be as bad? That would be an awesome gift for grand babies...

I found I had better luck shopping in the morning, especially on Fridays and weekends. The scooters are plum wore out by mid-day and never get an adequate charge on busy shopping days.

I have cut way way back and then horrible pain day hit and I lost it. Not totally, but enough to beat myself up about it and then the feeling like a failure makes me crave...ugh...it's a vicious circle.

It was actually one of my falls a few months ago that prompted the 'contraption' order. At my grandson's 5th birthday party (last Oct...in CA), I ended up scooting from the driveway to the recliner. So embarrassing since it was all my daughter-in-laws family there - my son was deployed at the time. Then there was a couple months ago when my right hip got stuck. Between the left knee/leg and the right hip, I was fairly well screwed. Slid up the stairs but I couldn't get up onto the couch. With all the weight I've gained on these stupid meds that did nothing my daughter wasn't able to get me up either. So I sat on the floor leaning on the couch...lol.

There was actually a scooter outside in the cart coral today. Full battery but the idiot who drove it out there left it on! An employee helped us load the Jeep with our purchases and drove the scooter back in. Which was a good thing because I had lost all feeling from mid-thigh down.