View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 10:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Very tired & very worried.

Hi.

I've been lurking around this board for a few weeks now. I'll just cut to the chase: I did something extremely stupid a couple months ago, and I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is anxiety/depression, or PCS, or... possibly, PCS-induced anxiety/depression? I'm praying it's not.

Apologies for the long post ahead. I know this forum is no replacement for a neurologist/psychiatrist. I just need to get all this off my chest (god knows my parents are sick and tired of hearing my kvetching) and see if anyone has some suggestions. I can't go to a doctor for the time being.

For what it's worth, I'm an 18 (soon 19) year old female, and I'm worried I screwed up my brain. ):

May 7: I got in a fight with my dad. I was so stressed out, I couldn't think straight. I tapped/knocked my head against a wall in a fit of rage.
I hit the front, back, and sides of my head a couple times. I don't remember how many times, exactly. I didn't think I hit myself that hard, but... god. I regret doing that so much.

I didn't feel nauseous/disoriented/dizzy, nor did I have a loss of consciousness. But I had a pulsing/tingling, moderately-painful headache that lasted for about a week. I don't think I had any visual problems? Except for some sensitivity to light.

During that week I was under a ton of mental-stress. Writing essays for scholarships etc. and I also lightly(?) bonked my head twice on accident. It didn't make any symptoms worse, but... still. I was very tired (took a lot of naps in my downtime) a little more weepy than usual... and had a seemingly-constant headache on top of it all. I also woke up a couple times in the middle of the night. But no cognition problems? I didn't have any brain-fog, either.

I didn't get the chance to truly rest my brain.

May 14: HEADACHE GONE. I even remember vividly, I was at the beach, and I thought to myself oh my god I can't believe it! my head's not pounding anymore!?

~May 23: All of a sudden - my jaw starts hurting. Badly. Later on, I'm diagnosed with TMJD. When I hit my head, I didn't knock myself around the jaw area... I don't remember feeling particularly stressed at this time, either. I'm still having jaw pain to this day. I don't know where this came from.

~May 31: I pull my back and my arm muscles from "overexertion". (I did do a lot of heavy lifting while cleaning my room, but...) I do have a bad posture when I use the computer, so.. perhaps it was related to that? I never hurt my back that badly before.

For the next two-three weeks, I have awful back pain and tension headaches. Ocular headaches, too. It's like a flashback to May 7-14, but worse.

I also start getting these strange "health anxiety attacks". I was paranoid I had Lyme Disease. (Not going to elaborate). I was in a fugue-like state, complete with brain fog, and... it was just weird.

For the rest of June I felt pretty good. Just kind of brain-foggy occasionally. Also had some depersonalization-feeling.

But I was also under a lot of stress at home- but also, nothing more than I'm used to. Or so I thought.

June 27-July 3: Went scuba-diving on the weekend, got to stay at a friend's house for the week. Didn't do anything crazy-- in fact, I was by myself most of the time, just watching TV and reading. Living the high life.

And then, this week.

I've never felt so tired in my life. 24/7, it doesn't matter how much sleep I get. I'm almost constantly exhausted - I get a small energy perk around 8PM or so, then it fades. During the day, I'm uncomfortably, constantly sleepy. It doesn't feel right to me.

Granted, I didn't have the best sleep schedule in the weeks prior. I tried fixing it this week, but.. it doesn't seem to be working. I wake up a couple times in the night. I don't snore? So I don't think it's sleep apnea? I don't know...

I'm just worried, because this doesn't feel normal for me. I'm also feeling depressed, and health-anxious (which never happened pre-self-inflicted concussion, which only makes things worse). I'm paranoid I'm "coming down with" Chronic Fatigue Syndrome because of how tired/weak I've felt. (Stupid, I know.)

Were those knocks on my head harder and more dangerous than I thought?

Sorry this ended up so long. ): If anyone needs it, I can write up a Cliff's Notes of all this rambling BS.

Here's what I've been taking every day since July 4:
2-3 300 mg Fish Oil (I didn't take this when I first knocked my head, but started to when I hurt my back and arms)
1 300 mg Krill Oil
1 400 IU Vitamin D
1 Calcium & 1 Magnesium tablet - not sure of the dosage atm.

I don't even know what I want to accomplish with all this. I just needed to get it out. This has been a really rough summer. ):
DazedandConfused86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote