Thread: Success Stories
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 10:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Yay! I love this thread, but I feel like my son's been "stuck" ever since the emg. He flared for about five days, it was scary and awful (like what the hec was I thinking, what have I done?) Things calmed back down to normal, but he hasn't progressed since then.

But today, we picked up his custom fit orthotic shoe inserts. (He's flat footed, so I asked the ortho for a script for them, hoping it would help more than the over-the-counter inserts he's been using. I had to ask twice, but we got it!) Turns out that his ankle over-pronates, causing the arch to fall, and puts extra pressure on the damaged nerve. So, when he tried them out today, he got this big smile on his face that just melted my heart. The pain was less with the new inserts! He's excited to see if he can start doing a little more now. Yay! Oh yeah, happy dance!

Bonus: Insurance even covered it, which is awesome, since they're rather expensive. That calls for a second happy dance (and maybe some chocolate!)
swimtime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (11-06-2015), crpsspoonie12 (07-17-2015), Littlepaw (07-11-2015), stillsmiling (08-08-2015), whiteaa (07-11-2015)