Thread: Changes in skin
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 08:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I can only imagine how hard this is on you. Witnessing a child's pain is just gut wrenching even when it's brief. My son had his wisdom teeth out this week and that first day was just pitiful.

There is not a lot of literature on the skin charges of CRPS though I read an article at one point specifically on cutaneous blood flow. My understanding is the interface between the nerves and the small blood vessels does not work properly and therefore the skin is not nourished or temperature adjusted as it should be. The redness starts from inflammatory compounds and the mottling comes later as those decrease.

Is the new area of mottling in any way related to needle placement for the EMG? even below it perhaps? I wonder if he has some bruising that is taking a while to resolve. After my last cortisone injection in April I had a purple mottled spot that took weeks to go away.

I say go for it on the consult. It is always good to have information. I honestly don't know how the EMG could rule entrapment out versus a lesion. He could even have both. Between hardware and scar tissue, Entrapment of some kind almost seems like a given.

Hang in there Mom! You are getting good information at this point and a better idea about how to treat this. That boy will get up and running. We are all praying It will be sooner rather than later.

Hugs coming your way

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (07-13-2015), swimtime (07-11-2015)