View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 12:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Once PCS survivor, working on twice

So long story short, I got a concussion from a tree branch falling on my head while walking on campus in 2009. I had the whole range of symptoms like fatigue, headaches, sleep disturbances, vision problems, anxiety/depression etc. It took me a good 7-8 months, but I recovered fully and lived an entirely normal life until this year.

Early this year in February, I slammed the right side of my head into my dining room table. I was in leaning-forward position and sprung up and slammed right into it full speed. I'm past month 5 now and am still suffering from fatigue, constant headaches, neck pain, vision problems, sleep interruptions, anxiety/depression and head sensitivity to fast movements.

I'm definitely let down by the fact that I have to deal with this for the 2nd time in my life let alone the fact that I'm recovering slower this time. The only thing I may be able to say has improved/gone away is my vision problems. I do also think I cope with fatigue better now but I don't know if that's because I'm less fatigued compared to 1-2 months in or if I just learned to deal with it better.

The most bothersome part I think is the tremors though. I started noticing I had head and hand tremor in around 2013, and I did notice them get a little worse summer of 2014, prior to my concussion. However, after my concussion my tremors got noticeably worse. My head tremors a lot more and when it does it's bothersome because it provokes my headache/head discomfort. I'm hanging in there in hopes that I'll get better again and this will all just be a bad memory in the past, but it's hard. I can't get the thought of possibly never getting back to normal again out of my head the longer it takes for me to feel like I'm actually getting better.

A couple of things that make me feel lucky compared to some is that I never suffered from nausea or cognitive issues. I mean, I definitely don't function as well when I'm in intense pain, but I don't think I've had cognitive issues. I'm a programmer and I've been working full time non-stop even since my concussion. At this point I think if I could just get rid of my head sensitivity and the constant headaches, I would be sure I'm on the right track. I do not remember having such constant headaches past 5 months in my previous concussion. Currently I pretty much have to take Tramadol every day to keep my headaches tolerable.

I just wanted to let all this out. I know that you can recover from PCS because I have done it before, but I can't be sure if I will be able to again but I sure as hell won't give up tryin'.
donniedarko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote