View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I found I needed to understand every little sensation when I sleep. Then, I had to figure out how to reduce those sensation. I sleep in cotton on sheets with an afghan on top of my sheets and blanket. Many need heavy sheets to sleep soundly. Once I figure this out and found the mattress and bedding combo, I can get in bed and relax such that I have no sensations and almost feel like I am floating. I had to learn how to sleep.

I spent a lot of nights sleeping in a recliner with a music DVD playing and head phones on. It was my 'go to sleep' music. Sometimes, it had video. I would watch the video and listen and drift off. I needed to listen to music that was not overly stimulating. I had 3 music videos and two cd's that I used consistently.

I also need some complex carbs before going to bed so I have energy to sleep. My blood glucose can drop after 5 to 7 hours from a meal. A late night small snack gets me through the night.

All this to say. You need to experiment to find a solution. Breathing can also be a problem. That is why I would sleep in the recliner. If my head and neck rolled to the side or tipped forward, I would eventually have an apnea episode. This would make all of my symptoms much worse.

So, good luck as you try to find your personal answers.

My best to you.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
donniedarko (07-11-2015)