View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi Lockwood,

This is a very difficult situation, and will become more and more draining on all the family as he deteriorates. My Mother suffered rapid onset Alzheimer's with aggression and hallucinations, and her GP stripped her of her Driving Licence during a routine check-up. My Mother became so angry they had to phone the Police to detain her at the Surgery until my Sister drove over an hour to collect her and take her home. Then it turned out her car wasn't licenced to be on the road and she had let her insurance lapse due to memory loss. We had no idea, she had become so adept at fooling us.

As your Father is knowingly damaging himself in the face of Medical advice, I would go with MrsD's suggestion and involve Social Services for the Greater Good and the safety of others. It will be in his best interests eventually, even if he cannot see it now.

You also seem to be bothered by your Mum enabling by being the breadwinner. Can you break this cycle by having her stay with you for a few days - assuming you have your own place and room - only leaving Dad with food, but no money?

Whatever you decide, you will have to stand solid as.a family and not waver once you set your course. I wish you luck and wish you and your family well.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote