View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 05:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Ali,

I highly recommend staying away from horror stories in videos like that and online forums. Everyone's neurobiology is different and you may be able to beat this thing easier than you would expect. By watching those videos you're basically putting it in your head that you're gonna have as rough a time as those people if not worse. It might not be conscious but you are introducing these thoughts to your subconscious at the very least.

The Internet is a great resource but you have to remember that you really don't know the person on the other end of the communication and what else they are going through. Could be multiple drug withdrawals, brain injury, poor nutrition, other mental or physical illnesses. Who knows. All you can control is your situation. That's why I asked how far you made it in your taper because this can give you a good indication of your condition and how bad the full withdrawal will be. Use it as a measuring stick and try to separate the anxiety due to anticipation from the actual withdrawal symptoms themselves. I know this can be rather difficult. Anxiety is a powerful disruption in the brain.

Also, in general, people who have bad experiences are more likely to post on the Internet than those that have good experiences. I see this as a general rule of thumb when using the net.

And definitely don't cold turkey after years of steady use! This puts you at risk for seizures.

Just some friendly words of advice.
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote