View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 11:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

YES! I spent a fortune going from doctor to doctor in terrible pain trying to get help.

A Houston Neurologist finally diagnosed me with Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy and Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. I am currently being evaluated for Sjogren's, which I have already been told: I have it/I don't have it/I might have it/I don't know... Get the picture???

He related my health problems, which had previously been diagnosed as Fibromyalgia, Anxiety, Hypochondria, It's all in your mind, etc. to a 17 year history of breast implants, which were promptly removed and found to be leaking and ruptured... You know, the implants that are supposed to be safe?

I can well identify with the frustration experienced when doctors do this to people. I cannot even remember how many Rheumatologists I saw before I finally got one who didn't dismiss me rudely... "Now take your anti-depressant Cathie, you just need a good night's sleep... Meanwhile, I burned so badly all over, I couldn't even stand the sheets on the bed touching me...

Further, you know the pressure points they use to diagnose Fibromyalgia? I could not get one single doctor to listen when I said that I hurt ALL OVER, not just at the pressure points...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote