Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 10:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Good post MVTBI. Similar to yourself, it took around 13-15 months for me to accept the fact that I was depressed, and that this might be contributing to my current state. Prior to my accident, I had never had mental wellness issues and correspondingly was ill-equipped to both understand and deal with my new reality.

Compared to my first 8 months, I am definitely in a better place, and is likely attributable to time and antidepressants. As my pharma regimen continues to be tweaked, I've learned how much these impact who you are. And this has made me start to wonder the same sorts of things you're evidently considering. Will I ever not be depressed? Will some of my memory and other minor cognitive issues go away if the depression abates? Will I ever feel "normal" again?

My hope is that the answer to these things is "yes", but it's difficult to believe that it will be. However, having a community like this to ask these questions and have them answered by others facing similar, often worse, challenges gives me some hope.

Thanks for the thoughtful post.
MicroMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote