View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 05:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default sleeping problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedarko View Post
I've read a bunch about people's sleeping problems here and have some ideas to figure out what may work for me. I plan to get one of those watches that track your sleeping pattern and see if it's a breathing problem. Perhaps I might ask for a take-home sleeping test as well to see if I have sleep apnea.

Since my concussion 5 months ago I literally have not had a single night of uninterrupted 7-8 hours of sleep. I wake up frequently throughout the night and have to fall back asleep. If I'm lucky I only wake up like twice, though that's rare. On average I wake up at least 4 times before it's time to get out of bed. I honestly miss being able to wake up from an uninterrupted 7-8 hours of sleep to the sound of my alarm; now I don't even need an alarm because I know I'll wake up anyway..

Has anyone been successful in overcoming such sleep interruptions? I'm open to trying anything, as I believe getting my sleep quality back will probably be a big milestone in my recovery. Thanks for any input you may have.
try melatonin. its a over the counter sleep aid. its the same thing that makes you tired at night.its in your body already.
refinisher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote