View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 11:23 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperElectric View Post
Hi, you say it took 7-8 months to recover last time so I would expect it to take a similar length of time and maybe a bit longer as concussions seem to be accumalative in nature. The length of time between concussions appears to have no beneficial effect, it's like the injury is imprinted on the brain. I think you will recover in time.
I really hope so. I just don't recall having to take pain meds every day 5 months into my first concussion. I guess I'll just have to be more patient this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
Both my neuro and med sports doctor prescribed (200-1000 mg) magnesium and (200-400 mg) B2 to help with headaches. There was a clinical test that this combination helps migraine sufferers. The med sports doctor also prescribed melatonin (3 mg) for 2 weeks, and green tea 4-6 oz 2-3 times daily. Curiously, he didn't recommend omega3, but he felt curcumin was a good supplement to take for inflammation.

The melatonin didn't really help with sleep issues. But I find the headaches have decreased and its mainly brain fog and fatigue that affects my daughter now.
Thanks for the input. I'll be starting on a vitamin regimen this week, I'll update how it goes.
donniedarko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote