View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 12:37 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

Hi, my health started to go downhill when I was 53 and I suspected sluggish thyroid and my tests were normal for 10 long sluggish depressed years. Thyroid controls SO MUCH...and I'm just saying this as this was my issue for 10 yrs and the numbers told my MD otherwise....

In the "old" days before labs, the old time doctors gave people desiccated thyroid when they came to them with a laundry list of symptoms/conditions....

I see only integrative MD's and work with my health on my own as much as the internet and my friends help me, and they are all helpful.

Two books that are lifesavers on thyroid is: Living Well with Hypothyroidism....... Mary Shomon and Stop The Thyroid Madness, Janie Bowthorp.

I have a post on DHEA here in the "sexual" section here....DHEA starts to decline in our bodies at 20-30 yrs of age. There are lab tests for this hormone. My integrative MD first tested me over 10 yrs ago, I had never heard of DHEA.

These are just 2 of my suggestions that could be OFF and need to be addressed more.

Hope you can get help and start to feel improvements.

I read, talk to people, joined support groups...you name it...I'm considerably older than you but we are all unique and our bodies do what they do, when they do it.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote