View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

nukuspot,

Thanks for the picture!!

The extraction site looks good! Great color and contour and it's closing up nicely! I do see the small growth of tissue in the mesial area nearest to tooth #20 that you refer to as lumpy with red lines. I am wondering if this growth of fibrous tissue is resulting from fibrous tissue that you may have under the gum line on the back (distal) of #20 that is causing you such soreness..... ??

It may behoove you to consult with a periodontist about these two areas to see if there could be a connection and if something minor needs to be done or if time will heal them both.

Here is how I would explain the problem to whomever you see and in this sequence:

**RCT done on #19 # of years ago.
**Nagging soreness and pain in gum area between 19 and 20. Sore to floss.
**Had 5 mm pocket on distal of #20, reduced after better oral hygiene. But soreness persisted.
**Xray shows pathology with the mesial root of #19 including fragments of stray gutta percha.
**#19 removed, site scraped clean including gutta percha debris. briefly explain details of surgery and clotting factors used.
**Nagging soreness and pain persists in the distal area of the gum #20.
**As #19 site heals, an area of lumpy tissue is growing in the mesial area of the site close to #20.
**Is it possible that this fibrous tissue is also located under the gum on the distal of #20 and it's feeding the growth of the lumpy tissue in #19 site?

Do not say that you feel the wrong tooth was removed, because the xray clearly indicates #19 was not healthy. But even mentioning that, you could give the impression that you are looking to blame someone for something. If this tissue is connected between 19 and 20 in some way, then it is something that your body formed and no one is at fault for that. I just want you to be clear on that so you don't misrepresent the content of the message that you are trying to get across

Bryanna

Tooth #20... is rotated towards the lingual (tongue) pretty severely. But so is the last molar #18, just not as severely. On the lower right, is the premolar angled similarly toward the tongue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukuspot View Post
I finally figured out how to take a photo and upload it here! I hope this is OK---I was trying to show you 1.) The way that #20 is rotated inwards and 2.) the weird gum tissue growing in the extraction site closest to #20. I really wish I would have gotten a better angle, but it was impossible to get my camera in a better position in my mouth to be able to see the tissue. I only really can see it because I have a little dental mirror.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nukuspot (07-12-2015)