View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 05:58 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member
Default For those considering joint surgery

including replacements. I say make this the LAST RESORT. These are not a walk in the park surgeries. I can attest for the mess hip replacement I live with. I do all to save myself from knee work etc.

The PRP/Stem Cell MD is on our radio every weekend and his famous words are Last Resort....emergency is another issue.

I'll mention a couple call ins today:

Woman called about her husband who BTW went to see this Prolo MD but decided to go with knee replacement surgery. She was saying, due to infection they had to go in a second time to do a redo. The man ended up with MRSA and was on abx IV's for over 6 months....He still has issues.

Then a woman called in about her mother who has knee issues and is at least 50 lbs overweight. The doc first said, take off weight. Protein,veggies and water, talk to your doc about changing to healthy choices.

She said her mother lives on pasta and breads....Personally I stopped bringing breads into my house over 6 yrs ago and can't remember when I had any pasta. Hardly eat rice unless in a sushi roll.

I keep a close watch on sugar issues too, don't have diabetes and don't want it. It takes a strong/knowing mind to keep healthier. There is so much info out there to help us, we just have to grab on.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote