View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 08:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Hypersomnia & Fatigue?

Hi again!

Many thanks @ Mark, Galaxy, & Bud for your comments on my last post. <3 I've had quite a few ups-and-downs (mood-wise) today, and re-reading your posts help me feel so much better. Also the "Depression" thread's helped steer me in the right direction... I think. :P I just wanted to make a separate thread for an issue I've pinpointed.

My current gripe: For over a week now, I've felt uncomfortably tired.
Strangely (and fortunately) enough, I feel "wide awake" as far as mental capacities go - no brain fog or other cognitive difficulties. I just have this constant urge to go take a looong nap, all day. (Although it slightly improves in the evening... which is a bit frustrating.) Exercising doesn't seem to help much - I don't think it exacerbates my tiredness, but it doesn't give me a replenishment of energy.

I get 7-8 hours of sleep at night, although it is interrupted around 3 or 4 AM. Might be related. :/

This feels like a sudden onset? And stranger still, I only noticed this "hypersomnia" after a relaxing, stress-free week. I did go scuba diving two weeks ago - but usually, it's not that physically-taxing. It's definitely not decompression sickness, either.

What I'm worried about is:

Over 2 months ago, I tapped my head (front, back, sides) against a wall a number of times during a breakdown - never, EVER doing that again.

Not sure if it was hard enough to cause damage to my brain. Although I did have a week-long headache, which wasn't very reassuring. No dizziness, nausea, or cognitive impairments. (in fact, I was able to write a number of essays, sing in a choir, and verbally communicate just fine during that headache. The more I think about it, I really got off scott-free...)

I don't have any physical ailments at this time, just tight back muscles (which I've probably had pre-concussion(?)) and TMJD. No headaches! :') I'm not on any meds atm.

But I think I'm also dealing with depression/anxiety.

Whether it was physically caused by those knocks to the head (and the resulting "neuro-chemical cascade") or a result of my paranoia-over-brain-damage getting out of hand - I don't know. I just know I've never dealt with anything like this before that stupid bout of self-injury.

I've been going in and out of the house and doing things (grocery shopping, trips to the beach/library, etc. normal non-stressful things like that) occasionally this week, which ideally would break me out of a depressive/fatigued cycle... but I'm still tired! Ugh. I feel like such a baby whining about all this - compared to all of you, who manage to take on a whole plethora of symptoms one day at a time. Bless ya'll.

--

But - to those who've dealt with fatigue after a concussion, and/or the resulting depression, does it eventually pass? ): I'm just afraid that scuba-diving might've triggered a "flare-up" of dormant symptoms? I wouldn't think so... Like I said, no headache or dizziness - only sleepiness. I'm really at a loss.
DazedandConfused86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote