View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canifindagooddr View Post
Below is the last section of the form. I really do not have to write any in this section. Do you think my two paragraphs help my cause or hurt it? Generally speaking the rule of thumb on this Function Report is: "Less is More". "Don't hang yourself by your own words." I would appreciate your thoughts/edits/feedback of my final two paragraphs. THANK YOU!!! (Yellow highlight is straight off of the form - their directions for this section):

Use this section for any added information you did not show in earlier parts of this form. When you are done with this section (or if you didn't have anything to add), be sure to complete the fields at the bottom of this page.

Dealing with PN has been a long and odorous process. I have learned that many doctors misdiagnosis it and therefore their treatment plan is/was wrong. Some doing more harm than help. I am thankful that I finally have a scientific, objective source of data that proves I have PN (skin biopsy results - which are attached). Now, since we have a correct DX, hopefully and finally, correct treatment can continue/begin.

Everything I have read on the subject states that PN is almost always progressive and is always chronic. There is no cure for it. Only treatment of the symptoms. At less now, with the skin biopsy results - I no longer have to listen to a healthcare provider tell me something of this nature - "It is all in your head. You are fine. There is nothing more I can do for you." I am/was so tired of the mental-health discrimination. Yes, I have mental health issues. However, that does not mean that I cannot also have PN. Now my task is learning how to live productively with a chronic and painful condition.

Thank you for reading this.
Instead of "odorous", I believe you mean arduous. "At less now" should be, at least now.

I wouldn't include either pargraph.

By stating, "we have a correct DX, hopefully and finally, correct treatment can continue/begin." (You're an I, not a "we" btw) SS will in all likelyhood take that to mean you haven't had enough treatment to determine if your function might still improve.

They can access medical opinions about PN, including having an SS doc review your records, so the 2nd paragraph doesn't help either. You're letting them know your other docs haven't been supportive AND your LTD company will have proof that your docs have questioned if your issues are more mental health related.

Better to not add anything than to add something that may make approval more difficult long term.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canifindagooddr (07-13-2015), Hopeless (07-12-2015), Jomar (07-12-2015)