View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 09:09 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi brain freeze,

Thank you for responding. My annie was diagnosed in March during an ER trip for a bad reaction to two antibiotics and agonizing pain in my foot and ankle, the latter was diagnosed in May as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. I still am not sure why the ER doctor sent me for the first CT scan, quickly followed by a CT scan with contrast. Afterward I was ambulanced from that ER to one at a major hospital, but after waiting all night there with a port in my arm, because I was told I was being admitted, I was suddenly discharged. It was very bizarre, because once the Annie was found the issues which brought me to the ER were not handled. I was given crutches at discharge which I have used every day since, so I guess that was something.

I did see the top person who specializes in Annie's, but I felt there was something off. I cannot put my finger on it, but our meeting seemed strangely lacking in substantial information. I was very sick from the antibiotics and overwhelmed by pain in my foot, and I had no real information to allow me to research.

You are fortunate that your Annie was clipped, despite the invasiveness and the recovery. I call it "once and done."

The coiling has a 1/3 repeat rate. It requires monitoring and lifetime aspirin therapy when there is a stent.

Frankly I don't know where I am. Is a CT scan with contrast an angiogram? Is that another procedure?

The picture of my Annie that was given to me looks like there is another Annie. When I asked the doctor if I had a second annie he hedged. He said he would have to know which view I had.

I am considering getting a second opinion, but I frankly do not know where I would start.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote