View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 04:29 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi bmkp13,
Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

This is just my personal experience but when I was having some similar symptoms such as the light sensitivity, headaches and especially vertigo, I stopped being able to do very much at all. I think the vertigo has been the worst and it really became quite disabling to the extent that I stopped driving my car and I stopped going places basically because it was too difficult to get around… and then I became afraid. Afraid of falling again. Afraid of people knocking into me in crowded areas like supermarkets. The problem with that was the less I did, the more difficult it became to get back out there again.

If you have periods during the day when you don’t have a headache or the vertigo isn’t so bad, try to get back into your old routines little by little. Put on sunglasses. Use a walking stick if you need. When walking, focus on a point at eye level in the near distance. Try not to move your head too much and keep that focus. Hold onto the trolley in the supermarket. For showering and such you can use a waterproof seat in the shower. The longer you stay in your room in the dark where you can shut out the light and not fear the feelings that vertigo can cause then the longer it will take to really recover.

You don't need to walk around the block. Just try walking in the garden at first. Don't feel bad about using a stick when you're walking. I've even needed to use a wheelchair at times just so I could get from a to b. The thing is... it gets me there. It doesn't mean it's permanent. Think of these things as aids to recovery. Main thing for me personally is that I do *something* and all those somethings add up.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DannyT (07-14-2015)