View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

jon,

I'm glad to hear you say the neck work is what appears to show benefits. The skull work has been well research and been soundly refuted. The spinal work is where they have the best chance at helping. For this reason, most refer to it as Osteopathic Therapy or Osteopathic Manipulation since it no longer includes skull work.

A few years ago, while researching CST, I found a web site and blog written by an Osteopath (DO) who also teaches at the premier osteopathic college. He wrote from a science based position and had access to the research. He had both good and bad things to say about the ways osteopathic colleges teach and graduate their doctors of osteopathy.

kdog,

Why are you afraid of chiros ? They are safer that many MD's. I've had my neck worked on by two DO's and many chiros. I'd choose a chiro first but I am picky about the chiros I allow to work on me. What kind of doctor are you seeing ? Did that doc prescribe the Xanax and suggest anti-depressants ? What anti-depressant did he suggest ? The common AD med prescribed in low doses for PCS insomnia and headache is much safer than Xanax, a benzo.

What vitamins are you taking ? Please be specific if you can.

Too much water can be problematic. Some fluids do not replace water well.

There are two main sources for intracranial pressure. ICP is usually considered cerebral spinal fluid pressure. Blood pressure can have similar symptoms. Taking your blood pressure can sometimes help you understand these symptoms better. Upper neck injuries can mess up how the head feels, too.

Until you find someone who can help you with your neck, any help with posture discipline would be of no value.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kdog22 (07-15-2015)