View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 10:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

As always, thanks so much to all who provided their thoughts. I’ll jot some responses below to see if that helps clarify:

Mark: Very astute. Yes, I am in a transition phase. Whilst I have been on 60 mg of Cymbalta for over a year (helped with mood, but not pain at all), a new Psychiatrist is altering my regimen. After giving Nortryptilne a try out as a replacement for Amitryptiline, the plan is to get off Nortryptiline. As part of this process, I’ve done 2 weeks of 90 mg and now at 2 weeks of 120 mg Cymbalta while still taking 50 mg nortryptiline. I meet with the Psych in 2 weeks and I believe I will be withdrawn from the nortryptiline. I’ll give your suggestion a try on the pain relievers. If it gets me away from the codeine, that’d be a huge positive.

DannyT: Completely agree… this state can’t be helpful for recovery.

Lara: Good pick up on the Cymbalta and Nortryptiline issue. The next move is to remove the Nortryptiline, which I welcome… I’m not a fan of the two TCA class A/Ds I’ve tried, though the sedative effects at bed time were nice. Thanks (and Mark as well) for suggesting Serotonin Syndrome… I think you’re spot on. I’ve been a cantankerous bugger, and my better-half told me yesterday that she’s not a fan of the “new” me. Heck, I’m not a fan of the new me!!

Thanks for the help guys… I’m very glad I posted this. It’ll help my discussion with my upcoming meeting with my psych.
MicroMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (07-14-2015)