View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 07:33 AM
anon122822

anon122822

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkp13 View Post
Thanks for the replies every one it means a lot. Unfortunately last night I hit the top of my head on a coffee table and it left a pretty big bruise and today I've had 100% concussion symptoms. I'm pretty sure I gave my self a new one. I went to the er and that's what they said. But this is my third bump to the head in 2 months I have to somehow stop hitting my head by fluke accidents. I feel back the square one but never giving up.
I was in a similar position to you a year ago. I had between 4-6 concussions within a 5 month time period. No matter how cautious i was it seemed i could not refrain from accidentally hitting my head. I wold be careful with everything i did and then once I let my guard down for a second Id hit my head again and be back at square one. my advice is to try to understand where you are likely to hit your head given what you do throughout the day. For instance in bed if you have a headboard, have pillows against it so that there is no way you can accidentally hit your head while sleeping or in a groggy state in the morning.

It will get better once you are able to string along a period of time of not hitting your head and setting yourself back. I never thought i would get past what i went through but miracuosly i have. Be careful with what you are doing, which i assume you already are. Try to think of where you could hit your head and avoid situations where there is potential to do so until you are more aware of your surroundings. I think the issue is how foggy/unaware of your surroundings you are is why it keeps on occurring. It was for me at least.

I feel your pain and wouldnt wish it on anyone. You will get better, give it time and be cautious with what you are doing.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote