View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 11:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

There's definitely never an easy way to deal with that kind of stuff.

As Bud said, I've found God to be one of my biggest supports through both the recovery process as well as everything else life throws at you on top of it.

However, I realize that's not everyone's thing, so if you don't buy into that then definitely just try to continue seeking support from everyone in your life that you know will provide it. Family members and close friends will provide much more support than we think sometimes, and can definitely help get through the rough patches.

Outside of that, do what it seems like you're already doing...focus on the positives. Realize what you do still have, instead of concerning yourself with what you've lost. I know it kind of sounds cliche, but sometimes you really do have to not look back and instead focus on moving forward. Yes it sucks to lose something you considered home, but also realize that losing a job is something that you CAN bounce back from because it's something you have some control over. Unlike recovery where patience seems to be the biggest factor, you are able to do something about looking for a new job. Just give yourself a little bit of time to bounce back.

And in the meantime, just try to do little things that you enjoy to keep your mind occupied until you get back on your feet. Try to take some time to have fun.

You're not the only person to have been in this situation. And if other people can get through it, so can you. Keep strong.
Deuce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RidingRollerCoaster (07-17-2015)