Thread: TV: Doc Martin
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 11:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
Thank You...

I haven't watched it, but was going to ask "anyone have a recommendation on Netflix.... ".

I'd love to sleep 8 hours, but most nights grateful for three hours of sleep. Not enough to function on, but my body just decides it will not sleep (often I rest in bed for two more hours.... CPAP device requires you wear it for five hours a night, or insurance doesn't reimburse.... sigh).

Roku 3 with a headphone jack is fantastic so I let the rest of the household sleep at odd hours.

Other Netflix streaming favorites:
Wallander (both British and Swedish)
Anna Bengtzon (Swedish)
MI-5 (British). Great show, but too intense at times!

On Youtube, I'v been lucky to find quite a few "Tatort" (Crime Scene in German, yes different Cities in Germany & Austria).

I love German shows to keep up my fading knowledge of German.

Yes, some-days my life is like "50 first dates" as I find great shows and books, only to vaguely remember seeing/reading them once before.
Hi Tom,
I am definitely at Netflix junkie. I, too, have sleep issues and watch on my IPAD although I have been warned by all my docs it makes sleep issues worse but better than staring at a clock or the ceiling.

You may know, you can search Netflix by actor and it will display all TV or movies with that actor.

My favs..

TV SERIES
Luther
Hinterland
Jack Taylor
Life
The Honorable Woman
How the States got their shapes
Lillyhammer
Last Tango in Halifax
The Forsyte Saga
Bloodline
Rectify
Dexter
(bizarre and not for the faint of heart...about a "lovable serial killer")

MOVIES
Traffic
Fish Tank
Nebraska
Story of Luke
Jane Eyre(with Michael Fassbender)
Legends of the Fall(old movie, bit sappy but great for Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins and Aidan Quinn fans and gorgeous scenery)
Meet Joe Black(quirky movie with Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins)

Would love to hear what others like. Like others here, Doc Martin is one of my favs, too. That part of the world is so incredibly beautiful.
My best, D.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mari (07-17-2015), TexasTom (07-16-2015)