View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 12:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuroproblem View Post
Ibuprophen is a very weak painkiller, you shouldve been prescribed stronger ones, such as vicodin, or something similar. When i was having pain in a tooth that needed a root canal i was prescribed the much stronger one. Definitely get a 2nd opinion, a trend im noticing in dentistry practices, is theres a different dentist every time, it happens alot in dentists in my area. which builds a poor relationship, thus little understanding of your situation. cavaties can be caused by decalcification, and free high sugar and acidic diets, and of course wear and tear. Dry mouth is also major contributer to cavaties as well.

DRY socket is a result when the clot of the extraction site gets, removed by "sucking motion, or anything hot, cold fluids. you might have to eat a liquid diet until the pain goes away, such as porridge or some very soft foods. you need to be seen right away though.
Thank you so much for your reply Neuroproblem. I was actually given Norco when I had the root canal and when they extracted the tooth months later.

I have also noticed that more and more offices seem to have multiple dentists. I saw just the one I really liked for 10 years and he was the only one in his practice. I have made an appointment with another dentist for tomorrow. The site which has bone pushing against the gum bled last night and it looks like it is pushing even more against the gum.

I have never heard of new bone forming so fast nor coming through the gum like that...so hopefully the new dentist can give me a better explanation and put my mind at ease. A co-worker had her tooth pulled 2 weeks after mine and she is already pain free I am happy for her but I really just want to be pain free in my mouth again!
cpotsky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote