View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 01:07 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Supplements are not a quick fix. They allow the brain to heal. They do not cause healing. It can takes weeks of consistent use to start to see a difference. Fish oil does help. The claim it does not has been discounted soundly. No single vitamin will do the job. You need to support the brain with a broader regimen.

Alcohol is a toxin to the brain. A single serving is the limit based on those experts who allow any alcohol. They justify it based on the stress reducing value vs the toxic value. No getting buzzed.

Strengthening your immune system with vitamin supplementation can reduce your allergic issues. I lived with allergies that could shut me down. After a few years of a strong regimen, my allergies are very minor, not enough to need allergy meds. This year was my worst but only while I was mowing the lawn. 20 minutes later, I was fine. We have some severe allergy conditions here in Idaho.

You have to make a choice. You can maintain your stress levels and hopefully slowly improve or you can try to reduce your cognitive activity and stress levels and see if it helps you recover further.

For many, those annoying but not critical symptoms will go away faster if one stops fretting and focusing on them. Accept them as your current condition and work within those limitations and you will have the best chance at further improvement.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote