View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

ELna,

I do not personally know of anyone in the UK to refer you to. If I did I would have no problem sharing that information with you. The IAOMT organization has a listing of holistic minded dentists. Please check out the names on this link. Let me know if any of them are within a reasonable distance from you. If so, I can check out their website for information and usually I can gauge if they are legitimately holistic or not.

http://iaomt.org/find-a-doctor/searc...ist-physician/

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELna View Post
Dear Bryanna,
Hope you are well. Thank you for your last reply and help!
It is not over yet, not for a very long time I'm afraid.
Had the appointment at the hospital today.
They were nice, listened and cared, but in the end I was told that they'll try to close the (now 5x5mm minimum plus what can not be seen) perforation with the same method that failed twice.
If that will not work then they'll try the cheek thing you mentioned.
I asked her why do we think that the procedure that failed twice will have a different result this time and she said we don't know. Then I asked why we are not trying the other method straight away to which she replied that because if that fails there is no next step. Isn't this a bit weird logic?
I think it's about money - she has to try the cheaper before signing me up for the next one? This is local the other one is general anaesthetic.
I am really scared having anything done to the cheek because my smile is gone and the skin folds and pulls in between the mouth and nose already, I'm in constant discomfort and the gum and teeth on that side are not ok. I was told this cheek-involving operation will further narrow the mouth cavity on that side - I can not have that.
They said there is no point in touching the gum problem now, let's wait a few months to see how much it stretches and it still can be operated on if needed. It doesn't feel right though, my cheek starts straight above my teeth now on that side. But they are right I guess that fixing the perforation is more important, unless the constant irritation of the gum will not let it heal.
Do you think a palate graft could be done in this case? The first doctor said yes but they don't do it there the second one said it can not be used.
I know it is more painful but I much rather would have that one than torturing the gum further and would skip the trial - surgery altogether.
Would you tell me your opinion please?
Also, I know this is not a good question but don't you happen to know someone trustworthy in London UK? I'm prepared to finance all surgery myself if only I knew someone good and willing to do what's best for the patient (me). Please ignore the question if it is too much.
Regarding gum surgery - who do you think is the best to treat this problem? A periodontist would deal with it even if affects the cheek too?
Im sorry for firing questions again.
I was told to stop antibiotics now and I'm scared of adding serious sinus issues to the list.

She said the gum looks tender now and she'll operate when the inflammation went down. I asked what will cause it to go down (because I'm convinced that the pulling and stretching is causing trouble) and she said more time. But it's been more than 4 weeks already. I was booked for surgery for the 31st July, so I'll run around with a big hole for almost three weeks.
Do you think there is any particular risk to it or is it ok?

Thank you so much, again and again (and again).
Elna

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote