View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 11:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keano16 View Post
Situation with T-Spine is complicated considering the fact that many doctors are not doing their conditioned education and they are not familiar with newest state of the art techniques.

Thoracic herniations and bone spurs can be treated in minimally-invasive manner with endoscopic approach.

All best.
I think the minimally invasive surgery is limited to only some specific cases and depends greatly upon the problem and the location of the problem within the thoracic region.

Many of the problems that are seen in the thoracic region may not be accessed in an endoscopic minimally invasive approach.

Thoracic spinal surgery can be VERY dangerous due to the risk of damage to the aorta, lungs, and heart. It is definitely not a surgical procedure to enter into lightly.

Surgical procedures for cervical or lumbar spinal issues are much less risky than thoracic.

Oops. I began reading this thread from the beginning and did not realize it was an OLD thread since there were some NEW posts until after I began my comment and saw the date of Keano's post. Sorry.

To Tommo,

Were any of YOUR spinal surgeries endoscopic? To have so many back surgeries is awful. Are you still experiencing pain from the thoracic region of your spine? What is your prognosis and current treatment plan?

Last edited by Hopeless; 07-16-2015 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Added to post
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote