View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 08:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have lupus, Sjogrens Syndrome and other auto immune issues. Because I've read that gluten sensitivity is suspected with auto immune problems and one of my docs agrees (not my rheumatologist, who is NOT into this way of thinking at all) I decided to avoid gluten. I'm not super strict like someone who has celiac. However, I do not eat anything with flour. I also have reduced my intake of dairy products. Overall, I'm trying to reduce my intake of food items that might cause inflammation. And I eat fairly "clean" and simply. There is absolutely NO doubt that my energy levels have greatly improved. It is significant. I can't explain it, but it is very obvious. I've reduced my intake of dairy and sugar, etc. But by far the greatest change I've made and the area I'm the most strict with is not eating flour/gluten. It is totally worth it to me because although my pain issues are very tiring, previously I had constant fatigue. The diet changes, particularly not eating flour/gluten, HAS greatly helped with that constant overbearing fatigue.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote