View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 07:15 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

JB, I ask myself this same question daily. Since Feb of this year, I've increased my activity level via self-selected and mandated activities. This includes short walks (10-15 min), playing with the dog, interacting with my kids/wife more, medical appts, OT meetings, social, etc.

The net result of the increased activity has been profoundly negative on me. My tolerance to over-stimulation has decreased, issues with anger/frustration have increased, headaches are way worse, etc. I've been so frustrated by this decline that I'm at a loss.

For me, even limited activity that is no where near a "normal" daily routine is becoming taxing... however, sitting home and doing minimal activity that does not produce over-stimulation is frowned on by those over-seeing my recovery.

I'm not sure how much rest is too much, but for me more rest (I'm at 21 months with PCS) produces better days when compared to pushing things even slightly. Very frustrating.

Oh, btw, I think you have a doc that cares and is thinking about your issues... I'd say that's a good sign.
MicroMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote