View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 07:25 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuts View Post
If you take either option 1 or 2, you might not even keep that 50%. You are likely continuing to damage the vein, especially if you are doing overhead movements. I couldn't get the surgery until a year after my clot. I almost never raised my hands and my subclavian is still trashed. There's no flow at all across the distal section. They couldn't even open much of it via venoplasty.
Hi Smuts,

Yes. That's what I was thinking, but then my surgeon told me about the collaterals and how sometimes they can develop to the extend to take the most job onto themselves. Nevertheless I think the surgery (if no complications) is the best way to go. My surgeon doesn't like to do it from armpit. He says it is clearer if you do the surgery 'from above' what is causing the compression. I am a bit concern about nerves going on in there - phrenic nerve, branchial, etc.. I don't like the risk of permanent damage that would affects lungs or arm. My surgeon did over 100 surgeries of this type. I suppose that's not a great number but in UK it is more than most.

How is your recovery going? Did you start workouts yet? Any pain, discomfort, issues, problems? How is you sleeping - I am a side sleeper.

Of course it is very hard to predict, but do you think that 3 weeks after the surgery I would be able to go back to work - I work in the office, but I don't need to use laptop all the time and I do move a lot - I do teaching.
Simurgh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote