View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 03:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Sudden Movements Near Objects Causing Anxiety

So, anxiety is a big problem for me these last couple of months and while some days I'm really good at recognizing and ignoring the dark thoughts, sometimes I just can't fight them off.

Last night I was chasing my cat and trapped him with my foot against the wall (didn't hurt the cat, was just playing around) and while doing that noticed I sorta hit my arm on the wall. Immediately I started thinking "what if I hit my head as well and didn't notice", and that thought alone all night was enough to make my symptoms worse. And no wonder, I'm feeling crappy today as well compared to the last few days, probably doesn't help that I had a neck MRI today. I mean, it's pretty much impossible to hit your head and not notice it when you're hyper-alert like any PCS sufferer, but thoughts like this really affect me nowadays.

My question is, am I at the point where anxiety medications would do more good than harm? I don't wanna take anything detrimental to my healing but at the same time I feel like my anxiety is really starting to slow my recovery.
donniedarko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anja 70 (07-18-2015)