View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 01:32 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Drugs will not stop your anxious thoughts. They will just lessen them and lower the physical way those anxieties effect your body. You seriously need help with your thought processes. Numbing your mind is not going to do it.

Have you tried gabapentin to help your legs and body relax (let go of muscle tension) so you can sleep. I take 600 mgs before bed. Otherwise, my body tends to shake and have muscle tension.

You really need to find a way to accept that your brain was damaged. It may never recover to the level to get all of your old life back. Letting go of that thought is the best way to move forward.

As I have said in other threads, if you lost your foot to amputation, would you fret about when it will grow back ? You would need to just accept that it is gone and find the best ways to move forward within the limits that you have.

Believe me. It can be done. I have been living this life of reduced function for 40 years. My first injury was quite severe. I have suffered subsequent concussions. Most caused only short term struggles, if that. Some caused further decrease in my abilities to function and endure stress. But, I raised a family on a single income in a very high living expense area. I just found ways around my limitations.

The anxiety of hitting your head again will be self-fulling. Anxiety will reduce your coordination resulting in a higher risk of injury. Getting drugged up will further reduce your coordination.

Have your tried 5-HTP and L-Theanine as natural ways to increase serotonin ? L-Tyrptophan will increase serotonin and melatonin so you can sleep better.

And, find a CBT therapist to help with your thoughts.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chris2828 (07-18-2015)