View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 01:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I can't relate to those specific supps you're taking, fandango man, but I have been taking many vitamins, and minerals (manganese, vit. d, b, c, etc., etc.), for the past three years - plus changed my diet - in an effort to heal my adrenals and thyroid. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which is also an autoimmune disease, as well as MG. I think my body is stronger because of this regimen, and when MG hit me one year ago last summer (with slurring speech, difficulty swallowing, double vision, weakness in my arms), I was able to fend it off. I have been in remission for months now.

I'm not on any pharmaceuticals.

I saw the neurologist Thursday and he said it's remarkable that I'm in remission, that he doesn't see many patients like me, but if I should experience a return of symptoms down-the-line, to come see him and he would prescribe some medication. I tried to tell him of my diet, etc., but he didn't want to hear about it. Alas.

You're definitely going against the current, Fandangoman, but trust your gut and go with what works for you. And keep reading, reading, reading.
finuch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote