View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 06:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Angelwng,

Welcome to the forum! I have had this testing done a few times so the Dr. could find what area of my brain was triggering my seizures. The test doesn't hurt at all it just gets boring sitting around not being able to do much so be sure to bring a book to read or some puzzle books to keep yourself busy. The electrodes will be able to read 8 different areas of your brain and see what area is triggering your seizures. When I've had this test done in the past my Dr. has cut me back on my meds to trigger a seizure and I told him that diet soda caused me to have seizures so he made me drink the soda and sure enough I had seizures. If you know anything that triggers seizures for you let your Dr. know and you may be able to get out of the hospital sooner than 11 days. What I disliked the most about the test is all the itching on my head from the electrical cream they used to put the electrodes on my head and I couldn't shower until after the test was over. Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (07-21-2015), DejaVu (07-26-2015), EnglishDave (07-19-2015)