View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb This is very unfortunate....

I am totally vexed by the medical establishment in regards to bariatric surgery, and the aftermath. Why do doctors ignore the facts about nutrition following this surgery?

We had another poster a while back who developed severe neuropathies and ended up at Mayo. She stopped posting however. At that time she had severe autonomic effects. I had one patient also recently who developed autonomic fainting spells due to nerve damage controlling blood pressure. She had a bypass too and used liquid vitamins.

I would think at this point you should be getting aggressive injections of B12 for the time being. However, fixing calcium, folic acid, iron and zinc is not easy either. The nervous system can repair, but it is a very slow process..requiring patience.

I hope you can find a doctor to help. You might need a special holistic physician with experience in nutrition to see positive improvements.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote