View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Risperdol is an anti-psychotic. It is used off-label for anxiety. That is a strange off-label use of Risperdol. Same goes for Zyprexa. My doc said Xyprexa is best for short term use. For me, it was while Celexa became effective.

Gabapentin is similar to Lyrica. For me, it lets my body and mind 'let go' of tension. It also reduces/eliminates the body twitches. I took 1200 mgs in the beginning. My twitches were bad. Now, I only take 600 mgs an hour before bed. If I don't take it, my tired body stays alert, not relaxed.

L-Tryptophan is the precursor to 5-HTP. It breaks down to 5-HTP.

How much 5-HTP did you take ?

Cymbalta is an SSNRI. It enhances Norepinephrine and Serotonin. Different people get a different level of effectiveness from these types of drugs. It should be helping with anxiety so you would not need to add the benzo. Maybe you need to try a different SSNRI. ??

Anti-anxiety meds do best when combined with talk therapy, CBT or other. They will not stop your anxious thoughts. Just allow you to choose to stop the anxious thoughts.

What steps are you taking to control your anxious thoughts ? Are you continuing CBT ?
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chris2828 (07-19-2015)