View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 01:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi everyone

I just wanted to post a quick update, mostly to encourage others, and partly to ask others' experience further down the road.

Regarding my initial symptoms, the only one that really remains is globus/a slight sinking feeling in my stomach once I work for a certain period of time, though I think I'm also able to self-generate this through anxiety. I'm working probably 6-8 hours/day in front of the computer now, and I do fatigue more as the day goes on. Has anybody else had experience with this? Based on how things have gone for me, I'm sure I'll be able to put in a 12 or 14 hour day (hopefully only during very busy times) without an issue maybe 4-6 months out from now, but certainly I can do what would normally be expected by an employer. Of course, I'm my own employer, so things aren't quite that simple.

I'm also exercising at full tilt (I'm a competitive squash player and got the injury on the squash court, and didn't return to that until probably a month and a half ago). I do find I get slightly dizzy on the squash court, but it gets worse as the rally goes on, and then once the rally ends, it resets. My squash goggles are also now 2 prescriptions out of date, and I was having slight dizziness issues there before the concussion, so there's that to think about. Physio helped tremendously, and I don't really ever feel that my brain is bouncing in my head anymore--so it probably was a neck issue.

I continue to keep a close eye on my convergence insufficiency, and have found it's improved drastically (in sunlight, I can probably see without double vision 3-5 cm away). This, to me, is the most objective bellwether of my condition, and I'm very encouraged by how good it has gotten.

The long and short is that there is hope for the slower recoveries--essentially of making a complete recovery--but it probably will take longer than you or your doctor expected.

Thanks for all the support, everyone. Regards

Rob
waboo386 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DannyT (07-19-2015)