Thread: Taurine
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 03:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Taurine

A Warm Hello to All,

Just want to share a bit of info.:

In her book, The Wahls Protocol, Terry Wahls, M.D., mentions the amino acid Taurine boosts GABA production. (She also identifies NAC and lipoic acid as GABA boosting supplements.)

If you have not yet heard of Dr. Wahls and her research, please take a look @ terrywahls.com and/or do a search on her. She also did a TedxTalk, etc.

For the earlier poster in this thread referencing "mitochondrial functioning," please also see Dr. Wahls research.
Her first book addressed mitochondrial functioning, as does her TedxTalk: "Minding Our Mitochondria." (Forgive me, I cannot recall your screen name at the moment.)

Dr. Wahls is raising funds to do further scientific studies on her research.
She has an amazing story about her own recovery from progressive M.S.

To Our Healing!
DejaVu

P.S. MrsD- I, too, was recalling the Tourettes Community having used Taurine. Thanks for your reference to this. The magnesium taurate looks interesting. I am doing some research and may be attempting a trial for my PN and other chronic pain, as well as a neuromuscular condition, "myotonia." I may write about this elsewhere on this forum.

Last edited by DejaVu; 07-19-2015 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Additional Content
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-19-2015), Burntmarshmallow (07-22-2015), mrsD (07-19-2015), Vowel Lady (07-20-2015)