View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 08:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Tom and Soccertese. Reading of your own wrestlings with these concerns I have tell me that I'm not alone in being concerned about them and acting accordingly.

Life insurance .. covered
disability plan other than SS disability .. nothing

In general I'm doing far better than when I first come to this board. Getting my methylation problems under control along with intestinal problems has helped with the day to day immensely. The methylation problem requires daily control and analysis but I've got my routine to a place where tremors are minimized and balance has become pretty normal as well. I'm functional.

The last few weeks though I've made what seem to be clumsey mistakes in handling things and times where my feet weren't raised as high as they normally are, like going up stairs, etc. When that happens just once or twice it's easy to discount but when I detect a pattern it concerns me.

BTW, my GP gave me prami for RLS. I described the symptoms and knew it was RLS from reading about my symptoms. I did not see a neurologist about it. I did try to enroll in a sleep study but was not accepted for whatever reason. It would have required a good deal of travel and my wife wouldn't be able to be a control for the study.

The plan is to see my GP for a physical and I've managed to reserve some extra time with him specifically to address my situation and hopefully he will send to to a neurologist for a sleep study first. Sleep is my real challenge at this point. My shoulders and neck hurt like hell when I sleep. Relatedly I also have bicep pain in both arms a lot too.

These MAO inhibitors, in low doses are being used for RLS when prami doesn't do it. Given my genetics I figured an MAO inhibitor was worth a shot and from reading the studies I knew curcumin was one and I had it around. When I got tremors the next morning I wondered if it was something that happens. That's how I started this post, which has morphed into being about my diagnosis. Really I'm not trying to be a pain. I'm just figuring out my problems and deal with them accordingly.

Best of luck to everyone, and Soccertese, you and I have a lot more in common than you would ever think.