View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 02:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm so sorry you're going through this Roxie. A relative of mine has a lifelong eating disorder, so I know the desperation you must have felt before getting the surgery, and your hopes that the surgery would give you a better future.

You can turn this around.

Besides vitamins (especially B12, B-complex, D, E, C), your nerves need minerals (especially calcium, magnesium, and potassium), protein and essential amino acids, and the correct fatty acids to heal.

It is impossible to recover from trauma, including the trauma of surgery and nerve damage without exercise. Pick something you enjoy, start slow, build up strength and endurance slowly, until you reach the equivalent of at least a half hour of moderate exercise a day. It can be broken up into three 10 minute sessions, six 5 minute sessions, etc. or all at once. Then continue that as long as you live.

Finally, reduce the stress and anxiety in your life. This will involve taking the long view ("In the end it's all small stuff"), the spiritual view, living for and giving to others, avoiding the negative and finding the positive, having fun and smelling the roses, and whatever else rings your bell.

You're sick now, and probably grief stricken and bitterly disappointed. But if you are bound and determined and persevere, you can and will turn your life around. What is the alternative?

We are all pulling for you here. Consider this, my first posting to you, a heartfelt hug.