View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 02:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

My one friend took up boxing this past semester. In one match I watched of his between him and a friend, he took about five good head punches in a row and had to stop the match. The point is, he knew when it was time to quit, because he said after the fifth punch his head didn't feel right. I don't know if you experienced a similar sensation at all. My friend had a headache for the rest of the day, but then he was fine the day after. So, while everyone is different, at least from that experience I've seen that those are only temporary sorts of things.

I'm sure you realize this now, but continually doing that will obviously make you not so lucky. This is why we see athletes like football players and boxers sustain life-long problems from brain injuries, because the more times you damage your brain, the more it accumulates, and eventually you stop getting so lucky with healing.

As for what to be doing while recovering, I remember my family doctor basically just told me only use your brain as much as you need to. So things like chess might require some intense cognitive processes with its strategizing, and so maybe you should limit that for right now. Light cardio is fine, just don't overdo it. Some fast walking/slow jogging can be very beneficial for the brain, but if you push too much it won't be. Just feel your symptoms out...try jogging and if it makes things worse, stop. Simple as that.
Deuce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote