View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 04:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Yeah that's exactly how I am too. I'll be laying on the couch trying to rest, but my thoughts are still racing a mile a minute. And then one things leads to another, and I wind up needing to Google something I was thinking about, and then it all goes downhill anyway. Sometimes I feel like I'm using more cognitive processes when I'm "resting" than when I'm actively doing something. I remember in my first month I literally took a whole day to just lay in a dark room and rest the whole day because I thought it would help, but I winded up just feeling worse after.

I've found I usually feel best when I'm hanging out with people. I don't know if there's something to the power of distraction, but when my mind is off of things I feel my best. But it's like you said with your activities that make you feel better, this isn't always the case. Last week I was hanging with friends and felt crappier than I did when I was alone earlier in the day. There's definitely no clear method on how to rest, because some days none of them do work. I think that's the most frustrating part about it.

But thanks for your comment, glad to know I'm not alone with not being able to find clear methods that work. But we must not give up hope.
Deuce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Beelzebore92 (07-20-2015)