View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Please help; desperate for answers!

Hi - I'm a 43 yo male, with increasingly debilitating symptoms - recently applied for disability - and thought that in addition to the doctor merry-go-round, folks on here might be able to provide some answers.

While I suffered from anxiety, seemingly minor GI issues and memory concerns as a youth, I was able to make my way in the world. However, the past 5 years have presented a very concerning slide, with a few diagnosis, mounting symptoms and no therapeutic relief.

Overview: In 2010 I was diagnosed with celiac disease and in 2013 I was diagnosed with hashimotos disease. Those are reasonably unquestioned. I was also diagnosed in 2014 with Lyme disease by an LLMD, after MANY failed conventional lyme tests. I have followed the recommended treatment for all of the above and am now 2 months into the Cowden Protocol - herbal tinctures - for lyme.

I'm trying to keep this brief...

Symptoms: My symptoms are so wide, that I don't know where to start...and neither do my doctors. They're stumped, which is very disconcerting. I get sufficient sleep and yet wake-up feeling COMPLETELY drugged, disoriented, exhausted, weak, shaky and often need to have a bowel movement. My GI symptoms have certainly worsened over the past 5-years -- ironically, after going gluten-free. Sadly, these symptoms do not abate. I can no longer think clearly, at all, and fear that this is neurodegenerative.

I need to take multiple naps throughout the day, which do little to help, but I simply cannot stay awake. I also have increasingly noticed an inability to hold my head up, as if it is sinking into my neck/shoulders. I asked for a myasthenia gravis panel, which came back positive 4.20 (0.00 - 0.24) for the ACHR binding abs serum. This has completely stumped my neurologist, as he suggested that I do have typical MG symptoms - ptosis.

I also have mood irregularities and am going to see someone about going back on an SSRI. I have pursued MANY conventional and non-conventional paths on this front and while they have helped to smooth out any mood irregularities, they have done nothing to help my symptoms. I firmly believe that the mood irregularities are a by-product of whatever is going on, not the cause. My neurologist agrees.

I try to stay positive, but my brain and body feel completely fried and constantly remind me of how disabled I have become. I'd be happy to share more...as if this isn't enough.

All thoughts/suggestions welcome. Thanks!!
enlighten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote