View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 07:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome -- aka Hughes Syndrome

Hi Barbie,

In the past, I have had a 3 year experience with Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome. I never had Lupus. These antibodies were present and problematic for approx. 3 years, once we had tested for them. These antibodies have disappeared and have been gone for approx. 8 years now.

During that time, I was on warfarin. Pre-warfarin, I had severe migraines, daily, for 6 consecutive months.

Both Lupus and Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome can have some very strange symptoms.

At the time these antibodies were present within my blood, I had already had PN and a few autoimmune conditions. I cannot be sure of what was causing which symptoms, as I had so many conditions co-occurring all at once.

I wish I could be more helpful to you.

Antiphospholipid antibodies were discovered by a Dr. Hughes, in the U.K., when he was studying Lupus. Thus, in the U.K., the same condition is named "Hughes Syndrome." Dr. Hughes had also discovered, for the first time, the fact that these antibodies can occur outside of Lupus.

The U.K. Foundation is name after Dr. Hughes.

www.hughes-syndrome.org

I had been diagnosed before the U.S. had a foundation for this condition.
Since, a U.S. foundation has been founded.

APS Foundation of America
www.apsfa.org

I do wish I could be more helpful. You are dealing with 2 very tough conditions. Gentle hugs of encouragement to you.

To our Healing!
DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-20-2015), hopeful (07-21-2015)