View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post

On the 8th of this month I started noticing signs of what could be signs of mild hypomania. I saw the pdoc on the 10th, but we decided to start Latuda at 20mg because I need that mood stabilizer.
Due to issues with prior authorization, I didn't start the Latuda until this past Friday the 17th.
Yesterday, the 19th, I knew I was hypomanic. Today it's full-blown and I have akathisia.

She said it's the hypomania.
I'm not suicidal. I don't want to die. I don't have a plan. If any of that changes, it's to the ER I go. I don't have a problem with that- I don't want to hurt myself again.

She told me to stay on the Latuda, which is approved for bipolar depression.
I had reservations about taking it in the first place because last time on the seesaw I was on the air not on the ground? But I will do it.
And she told me to keep taking the xanax. It does nothing for akathisia. I have an expression for that, but it's not appropriate for the forum.

My pdoc will not be in the office until Wednesday (2 days from now). I have an appointment with her Friday.

I think I'll take ANOTHER shower.

Kay

Kay,

Very sorry for the lithium and what happened.

M

Last edited by Mari; 07-20-2015 at 08:45 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-21-2015), Dmom3005 (07-21-2015), mymorgy (07-21-2015), OhKay (07-21-2015)