View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 08:43 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Kay

You do not need a mood stabilizer for long term. You need one for right now.

(I read the Wikipeida entry for Latuda.)
Have you already tried all / enough of the anti-Psychotic meds? Did you have akathisia on them?
Why would she go with a brand new drug for you , esp one that works for depression?
I do remember that you are on other meds that potentially react/interfere with your bipolar meds.

These are your options as I understand them. My explanations are somewhat non-linear due to massive sleep deficit.
I do understand that you are dealing with A) mania with bad thoughts and B) akathisia.

1. Call the pdoc's number for whomever is on call until you see the pdoc on Fri. Ask for a different med -- one that you know will bring you down ---- you have to make this call even though you are not optimistic about getting help.

2. Keep taking the Xanax and the Latuda as directed until Friday -- a bad option but an option.

3. Go to the ER. The ER will be most concerned about bringing down the mania and they will be able to do that. You might present as o.k. enough to be treated without being locked up.
You might have a suggestion for a med that you know will bring you down without the akashisia.
The ER trip has a very good chance for relief/ success even if it risks a lock up.

4. On your own, increase the Xanax (for the mania). Lower the Lutuda for the akashisia and the mania --- a possible option.

5. On your own, see what other meds you have that you can take for the mania --- a possible option only if you are in a good head space to prescribe for yourself. And if you have enough meds that can get you through to Friday.

Talk to us.

M

Last edited by Mari; 07-21-2015 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Typing too fast.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-21-2015), Dmom3005 (07-21-2015), mymorgy (07-21-2015), OhKay (07-21-2015)