View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 01:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzp119 View Post
Oh wow. So there is nothing for you to work towards as far as improving symptoms? I wasn't aware that nerve injuries were so permanent. So let's say, in the event that I do have an injury to the long thoracic nerve, would my only option be surgery? I absolutely HATE surgery. everything about it. Electing to have surgery on my shoulder is what put me into this situation in the first place.
I'm not a good person to ask about surgery of LTN as in Melbourne Australia when I injured the LTN 20yrs ago-there wasn't the expertise here to even get any advice it's so rare. My understanding is surgery would only help for impingement/ obstruction.

My focus has been on functional restoration through clinical pilates, neurophysio /bobath technique, occupational therapy etc. Still pain remains a major issue for me and poor use of arm in raised position. However, I have hardly any winging after all my hard work and it makes a big difference to function at waist level. Don't be disheartened, my anatomy made me susceptible to developing bilateral TOS over time so your situation may have a much more optimistic outlook. booklover
booklover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote