Thread: Taurine
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 08:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dr. Wahls

Hi Vowel Lady,

You've been a member for many years. I remember you from years ago. It's nice to return to Neurotalk and see some of the same people are still checking in here. Have always enjoyed your posts.

There are so many testimonials of people with all kinds of conditions improving on the Wahls Protocol. It's truly astounding!

This protocol is one of the few dietary protocols to have some scientific studies behind it. The Wahls Foundation is raising monies/seeking research funding to do further scientific studies on the Protocol. (As you know, Dr. Wahls is a researcher by profession. Her own story is just incredible. She had tried so many protocols in order to try to heal. She had studied hard trying to find answers within nutrition and supplementation, even when so ill and unable to work.)

Thanks for mentioning the Taurine supplement. I am a fan of "Jarrow" products.

I have been following Dr. Wahls for a few years now. She had started out with "talks" with relatively small groups of people on the internet. I had just happened to have been subscribed to a group which had invited members to these talks. This was quite sometime before this book was published. It wasn't long before her work was recognized as potentially significant and people got behind her and her "science."

I believe she will obtain more funding for studies and her work will be more fully recognized as truly helpful, truly "healing" for many health conditions.
I have heard her interviewed many times. While she is trying to obtain funding to complete studies on healing M.S., she is getting so much feedback/testimony about healing for so many health conditions. She realizes the research has to go beyond just M.S.

As I understand her current protocol, which offers guidelines for three different levels of "intensity," it's meant to help with autoimmune conditions.

Dr. Wahls also offers membership to an online group where members interact and work together to adhere to the protocol, ask questions, obtain support, etc. I believe this particular group membership pays a monthly fee in order to participate in the group.

Dr. Wahls' work offers some hope for people trying to heal from chronic conditions. I am reading up and am slowly easing into the protocol. I have found I have been too tired lately to go into the protocol all of the way, all at once. I probably need to ease in as I detox gently.

To Our healing!
DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-21-2015), Burntmarshmallow (07-22-2015), Vowel Lady (07-21-2015)