Old 07-21-2015, 09:39 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
I know... I might go back on. I just don't know how much gabapentin is helping. If I wean off I can see how much it's helping and if I need to I can go back on. I don't know... I just worry about long term side effects and the possibility that gabaoentin causes neuropathy. What if its making me worse? I know I shouldn't worry about these things, but I do.

Is there any harn in getting off and then going back on?
Canagirl,

Why worry about possible, minor chances of risk of side effects WAY in the future when it is now that you need the relief. Who knows, in a year everything may have settled, you may have found a med combo, or you could have NO side effects from higher doses of Gabapentin.

As to the harm in titrating down, then going back on, you are running the risk of increasing your symptoms again and you have no Baseline to judge whether any other meds - like MMJ - are working (or their effectiveness) for all the time you are altering doses, then getting used to the new 'Normal', as you will never know what med is doing what. Remember, combinations are Key. I take 5 pain meds for Neurological, Arthritic, Referred and Musculoskeletal pain.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canagirl (07-22-2015), zkrp01 (07-21-2015)